Way Out.
you call me a bitch like there's something wrong with that.











            my thoughts.
                            exactly.





October 17, 2005

coolsome.

  • i'm approaching the big 3-0 but i still have a lot of growing up to do. i have a lot of lessons to learn, and i have to learn them fast. being young at heart is only cute if you're seventy-five and can still tango. as much as i'd like to be able to just drop everything and fly to wherever to hang out with friends, i can't do that anymore. i can't drop hundred of dollars on items that i don't really need. i can't stay out late and drink an obscene amount of alcohol. i have to start changing the way i act/live/behave. i can't even imagine the kind of sacrifices i have to do when i decide to have a kid *ominous music*. times are changing and i have to be able to accept the fact that i am an adult so i should start acting like one.

    at 25, cia, p-ann and pajammy are more grown up than me and most of my friends. they have careers, good education, and moving towards fulfilling their dreams. they've founded organizations, starting businesses, and meeting incredible, influencial people. they are smart, beautiful, and confident. already they have passed my generation in the things they have accomplished.

    i can't remember what i was doing when i was 25... all i know is that i was nowhere as cool as these three girls.

    G. @ 10/17/2005 -- 12 comment(s) -- Post a Comment


    Comments:

    I'm still the same as I was when I was 25..

    I don't wanna grow up

    I'm a Toys "R" Us kid

    They've got a million toys at Toys "R" Us

    That I can play with

    From bikes to trains to video games

    It's the biggest toy store there is (gee whiz!)

    I don't wanna grow up, because if I did

    I wouldn't be a Toys "R" Us kid.

    Mike J

     

    i can't believe you of all people are writing this! you should be so proud of yourself for having accomplished so much! let's see: you're financially independent w/ a great career (and already had a career while i was still stuck in school); you're a fab cook; you're a home owner and car owner and pet owner; you're happily married; you got great fashion sense and metabolism...and [insert more attributes here].

    and who says we have to grow up?

     

    who needs to grow up? I'm in my forties but still in the growing up stage and thinks I'm still as cool as a kid (by heart).

     

    I'm only this cool because I have even cooler friends. You may have some rainy day blahs - god knows we've had rain - but kat is right - dudet you have everything - and you're the greatest friend any of us could ever ask for!! MWAH!!!!!!
    PANN

     

    I read what Kat said and she's right. A lot of people would love to have your life! Unfortunately, I know exactly what you're saying. I feel the same way. I almost feel ashamed about admitting it, because technically I have a billion things to be thankful for. I think maybe it's human nature to be too critical about oneself and always think they could be better.

     

    Who says that being an adult means giving up things that you like i.e. travelling, buying things or going "loco" in a night out. Having accomplished so many things in life means more stress later on.... Nice blog!

     

    I agree with MikeJ - I'm still the same as when I was 25. Actually, I'm still the same as when I was 12. Height included.

     

    Darling,

    Youthfulness is such a state of mind, and while we're at it, so are beauty and aesthetics.

    Wander not too far in your search for your spot in life...you might not see the wonderful things you already have.

    Yes, I'm some old lady. I sure sound like one.

     

    stop fishing for compliments G - you know you all dat and a bag 'o chipz ;)

     

    ahhh... look at all this love.

    anyhoo - i'm happy the way i am. i just want to be a bit more responsible than i am today yet still be able to have a little bit of fun, you dig?

     

    i guess balance is the solution to that...have a bit of everything =)

     

    awww girl, at 30, you're still young noh and you're never too old to dream and have time to achieve them!

    I've uploaded photos on my site na nga pala as requested! :-)

     
    Post a Comment
    layout name: express yourself -- layout by: nyokiglitter