Way Out.
you call me a bitch like there's something wrong with that.











            my thoughts.
                            exactly.





September 17, 2004


This is how my mornings should be from now on.
No traffic this morning. Sure, there were a couple of areas where it slowed down but otherwise the ride into work was ok. No line to get into the employee parking lot so I was able to speed through the entrance without having been bothered by the annoying security guy (he ALWAYS chitchats which causes a backup on the entrance). To top it off, when I went to get breakfast, my breakfast guy Titus was whipping up some blueberry pancakes. So i got some of those as well as a couple of fried eggs overeasy and some tomatoes on the side. YUUUUM! I miss Titus my breakfast guy when i'm on the road travelling or even on the weekends. When I get rich, i'm hiring him as my personal chef!

So far only five voicemails and less than twenty emails - none of which are urgent. I hope this kind of pace holds up the whole day. I deserve a good day, don't you think?


Day Off
I was not at the office yesterday, which is how my Thursdays are usually. Unless I have meetings to attend, I usually have Thursdays to myself. So I was planning on doing some work on the guest room since I have a friend coming over this weekend and she and her guy are spending a night at my house. Unfortunately, my day was killed when I woke up with a horrible migraine. So i spent most of the day under covers since migraines causes your eyes to become (too damn) sensitive to light. Even after the meds, which knocks me out every time i take it, i had to wait and adjust my eyesight to the light. So at 2 PM, I was finally able to get up and get out of the house for some grub.

I went to 'White Lilac' and had afternoon tea while reading my book. It's an 'ok' joint but probably the only one of its kind in the area where I live. For $16 bucks I had tiny tea sandwiches, tons of pastries, clotted cream and delicious mango tea. Nice way to spend an afternoon.

After that, I went to Walmart for what must have been the third time in my entire life. The first time was when I moved to CT to pick up some sweatpants to wear around the house. I'm sure there was another time I went but I just can't pinpoint when that was. And yesterday, I wanted to check out some bookshelves so there I went. After I located the bookshelves I wanted, I had the opportunity to have an educated conversation with one of the sales clerks:

me: Excuse me, do you know if you sell bookends here and if you do, where would they be?
stupid salesclerk: No.
me: No you don't know if you sell them or No you don't know where they'd be?
stupid salesclerk: No. (and then she proceeds to stocking up the shelves with screws that could have come from her friggin head)

Maybe the fault is mine and I shouldn't have bundled my questions the way I have. I mean, maybe she can only process one question at a time? ANYWAY. I walked out of there with my bookshelves and I'm hoping not to walk back in anytime soon.


G. @ 9/17/2004 -- 0 comment(s) -- Post a Comment


Comments: Post a Comment
layout name: express yourself -- layout by: nyokiglitter