Way Out.
you call me a bitch like there's something wrong with that.











            my thoughts.
                            exactly.





August 23, 2004

Weekend
Its Monday at about 10 or so in the morning and I'm exhausted.

There should be a law against coming back to work from the weekend feeling this tired. I spent the past few days doing home improvements and it's not fun at all. Whoever describes home improvements as fun should be shipped out to Siberia in their underwear. They won’t know the difference between hot and cold just like they don’t know the difference between fun and ripping your hair off your head from frustration.

I could care less if the house gets finished. Really. I’m at a point where I’m willing to exist in the jungle of drywalls, 2x4’s, paint cans, plaster, etc… until I accept the fact that this mess won’t get fixed unless I move out or do it myself. The first option is easier and more ideal but unrealistic at this point. So, I succumb to the second option, as if there are any other choices.

But of course there are no other choices for me. My baby sister is getting married in October and I’m due to host her bridal shower in two weeks. She wants to have it at my house. So instead of ignoring the fact that I live in a construction whirl, I pick up the tools and work on.

Thursday I was home from work and skipped a lunch opportunity in the city to tackle the LR. The whole day was spent sanding, cleaning up walls, priming. Friday I got home and continued on with the LR until my frustration broke me down and I moved on to clearing the guest room of the 20 or so boxes piled in there. Went to bed at 4 AM Saturday morning. Then at 8 AM the couch was delivered. For once in my life I was hoping that the delivery guys would be late but alas they were on time which rarely happens. Of course it was hard to go back to bed so I continued on clearing and cleaning the guest room. In bed by 1 AM. Sunday I spent mostly applying a Venetian Plaster finish in the kitchen. Two walls are done, one big one to go. Went to bed at midnight. Still, no paint in the LR.

During all these I found some stuff that I have forgotten about. Letters, cards, pictures from people I haven’t seen, talked to, or heard from in years. Some stuff that made me smile:

- picture of Berba and me at the Philly FIND conference. Nice pic.
- A card from Jon T. letting me know that he misses me more than I thought he would
- pictures from Chicago trip with Trish
- pictures from trip to the PI with Aud
- snowboarding picture taken at Mt. Snow with friends
- my baby pictures (I’ll try to post some)
- old pictures with my fam making a snowman in the middle of the streets of Elmhurst
- pictures from Jon T’s and Shea’s trip to NY
- picture from my first irc visit to California
- letters from friends and families in the PI
- my marathon participant number for the Leukemia and Lymphoma society
- pictures from the marathon
- pictures taken during the days and nights leading to and after the marathon


Finding these is the only rewarding thing at this point in doing the cleanup myself. When the projects are done and I can finally unwrap the couch and sit on it, I’ll let you know if the work and frustration are worth it all.

G. @ 8/23/2004 -- 0 comment(s) -- Post a Comment


Comments: Post a Comment
layout name: express yourself -- layout by: nyokiglitter