Way Out.
you call me a bitch like there's something wrong with that.











            my thoughts.
                            exactly.





July 02, 2004

It's a sad day.
First it was Michael.

Now its Todd. My tall, light, and v. handsome friend is leaving MC today to join the FDNY. I'm very sad about this because Todd is the kind of guy who would come around just to say hi, it doesn't matter that I sit all the way in the back next to kingdom come. He would join me for lunch and make me laugh when I needed it most. He would drive in the blizzard in front of my car to make sure I'm ok. He would bring me Smores chocolate bars coz he knows I'm hungry or having a bad day. He would say random things which can be utterly offensive to some people but to me they are just straight out hilarious - scandalous but hilarious. In the court during v-ball, he would always give me tips here and there and in the field during softball he would do the same, always looking out for me. When I was having serious stomach problems, he made sure I was not doing anything stupid to harm myself - he would do things like tell the v-ball coach that I'm not allowed to play or ask me in between serves if I'm ok and even threaten to take me out of the game coz I looked like I was in pain. He was that thoughtful... and its the simple things he do for me that I will miss the most.

Granted this isn't goodbye for me and Todd but I feel that I'm saying goodbye to him in different levels. I won't see him around work anymore. I don't know who I would ask in the morning 'Hi - how are you today' and respond with 'Shitty'. I dont know who I'd look out to when I'm playing vball or softball and I don't know what I'm doing. I don't know who I'd bitch to when work sucks. I don't know who'd be willing to drive me all the way to Bumbafck Seymour next time I get migraine while I'm at work (he hasn't but he offered to drive me home for different reasons) or I'm desperate for a ride. Etcetera...

He's wanted to join the FDNY for a long time. The smile on his face when he told me he got the word that he's "in" looked like that of a child's during christmas morning at the sight of a tree full of gifts. He was so happy and I couldn't be happier for him. So I wish him luck with everything.


G. @ 7/02/2004 -- 0 comment(s) -- Post a Comment


Comments: Post a Comment
layout name: express yourself -- layout by: nyokiglitter