Way Out.
you call me a bitch like there's something wrong with that.











            my thoughts.
                            exactly.





July 30, 2004


I have tried to write down my thoughts of the past two weeks but each entry sounded way too boring for me. So now that I have a good buzz going, I’m trying again to share with you that is of my two weeks and see how interesting I can make them out to be.

So anyway, I spent five days in the Bahamas doing nothing but sleeping, eating, some drinking (and I’m a bit disappointed that not once did I get drunk at a place where alcohol is synonymous with the word ‘free’), and spending very little time in as minor an activity as possible. As a result, I have a nice even tan (and I mean nice), I have experienced the wonder of scuba diving (and loved it), and gained at least 5 pounds. The Bahamas was definitely a treat for us.

After getting back from the Nassau, I inhaled, exhaled, and then it was time to go to SF for a two hour meeting. So I took an early morning flight on Monday and arrived in SF at a little after 2 PM. The flights there weren’t too bad considering I flew first class and ended up sitting next to a great person who I think I’ll stay and keep in touch with. In addition, my Monday got better when the last-minute meeting that I was scheduled to optionally attend only a few minutes after my arrival was cancelled which meant the rest of my day was free. So I got a pedicure (yeah!) but was disappointed when I wasn’t able to get a facial. Anyway, had a great dinner with my colleagues and then had some drinks with my new found friend.

Tuesday was my big two-hour meeting followed by a nice big lunch. The meeting went well and the lunch was very filling and satisfying. After that, I went back to my hotel, caught some z’s, and then started bugging my old friend Dean regarding our plans for the night. I ended up meeting with my friends Rol, Mikey, Dean, Anthony, Andrew and Wilfred. We had a fun night that lasted until almost four in the morning.

You can imagine how tired I was for my Wednesday flight back to the east coast.. To make things worst, my flight had to turn around after being in the air for 40 minutes because of a busted coffee maker. I can imagine all of you guys saying ‘What the eff???’ Yeah. That’s exactly what I said. But yes, they turned the plane around and back to SFO to make sure nothing else is wrong. Forty minutes flight back and an hour sitting at the gate later, we took off again. EVERYONE on that flight who had a connecting flight missed it including myself. I would have been majorly pissed if I got stuck in Chicago but luckily I was able to catch the last flight out to Bradley. Finally, after fifteen hours of travel time (from leaving the hotel at 8 AM PST to arriving at my house at 2 AM EST), I finally got home and passed out on my bed just to wake up four hours later to get to work that morning.

From Monday to Thursday I had a total of 13 hours of sleep. To top it off, I had to play softball on Thursday since my team was short one girl. I was going to bail out but I didn’t want the team to have to forfeit since we were trying to get into the playoffs. Luckily we won 10-4.

So in the past two months I have traveled to Los Angeles, Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, the Bahamas, and San Francisco (with stop overs during those flights in Ft. Lauderdale, Dallas and Chicago). And I was supposed to be in Saint Louis for a meeting but I guess my boss felt a bit bad for me coz I guess I look really exhausted when I got back.

So, what the hell am I doing up still at 1130 PM on a Friday night? I have no effing clue. With that said, I think I’m going to head out to bed and get some sleep.

But before I go, I have to point out the fact that all these traveling has caused me to miss my goddaughters’ (Angelina and Faith) first birthday party as well as their mom’s 28th birthday. I’m sure Riss doesn’t mind it that much (atleast I hope) but I have to make it up to the girls somehow. I will, I promise I’ll see you guys soon!!!

Now, about that sleep….

G. @ 7/30/2004 -- 0 comment(s) -- Post a Comment


Comments: Post a Comment
layout name: express yourself -- layout by: nyokiglitter