Way Out.
you call me a bitch like there's something wrong with that.











            my thoughts.
                            exactly.





June 01, 2004

Just another day...
So I'm another year older but not a day wiser. Had a bday yesterday which I spent lounging at home, reading, watching tv, contemplating, bitching, etc... I did all that except celebrate. My phone rang thrice - one from the sis, one from Phil G. (thanks for remembering), and of course my dear mother. Even my brother and father forgot about it i think. Can't blame them. It was just another day, really.

I did get a card over the weekend and it read:
"Happy birthday to a gal who's always game for shopping (5 hrs straight); ready to try a new restaurant; quick to pack her bags and travel anywhere; and prepared to kick anyone's ass for you no questions asked!!!"

Thanks Kat for the nice card, the kind words, and the awesome gift!

Speaking of gifts, here's what I got (so far, since I haven't been to my mom's place yet):

  • dinner on Sat at Aquagrill, my fave restaurant (thanks LJ)
  • complimentary dessert (chocolate tasting plate, yum!) at Aquagrill arranged by my fave waiter Brett (he wasn't even serving us and he didn't even know it was my bday - he said he knew exactly what I wanted for dessert so he arranged to have one prepared for me, compliments of the house)
  • Ticket to Booze Cruise NYC (thanks Kat)
  • Ticket to my first ever Cure concert (again, thanks Kat!)
  • Trip to the caribbean or a used sports bike - I think I'll go for the trip (thanks LJ)
  • A book(Thanks me)
  • Happy birthday song from Tiny (go ahead, laugh)


Cool gifts, huh? I know, I feel so loved.

I'm quite disappointed in some people, actually. One person in particular. You know how there's one person that you'd think would remember - or rather, you'd want to remember - but in reality having this kind of disposition just sets you up for disappointment? Well, put it this way. I would have been happy with a text message. A post-it maybe. Or even a piece of paper ripped from the corner of one of the pages of the yellowpages with a misspelled 'Hapy bday' on it. But i didn't even get that. The sad part about this is that had this person remembered and actually made some effort, even how sad an effort it is, to let me know that I was remembered probably would have made my day. Not that I was having a bad day but there's a pang of regret within me that I put so much faith in people such as the one I refer to in this post when really I should know better than to do so.

Oh welps - Less my dad and brother (and those that didn't really know about it - so iz cool), i think those that matter remembered which is what is important, right? Thanks again!

G. @ 6/01/2004 -- 0 comment(s) -- Post a Comment


Comments: Post a Comment
layout name: express yourself -- layout by: nyokiglitter