Way Out.
you call me a bitch like there's something wrong with that.











            my thoughts.
                            exactly.





June 18, 2004

Dreams.
I discovered this website while reading Audrey's blog. So I went ahead and checked it out.

Last night I had a dream. I dreamt of the roses I planted last year and how they were all dying (only three of the many I planted actually survived). In my dream I picked up the one last surviving rose plant and noticed that the main stem is hollow. I look through the hole and noticed something crawling in it.

A maggot.

This dream was disturbing enough for me that I'm eager and anxious to find out what it might actually mean. So i went ahead and plugged in maggot at the dream site and this is what I got:
Interpretation 1: A maggot is a filthy, loathsome, little thing that turns into a filthy, annoying fly, and as such it is representative of someone in your life, or someone you know well, who is lazy and good for nothing, and who may be leeching off your generosity.

Interpretation 2: To see maggots in your dream represents your anxieties about death. It may also represent some issue or problem that you have been rejecting, and it is now "eating away" at you. You need to confront it because it is destroying your sense of harmony and balance. In particular, to dream that you are stepping on maggots, indicates guilt and impurity. You are trying to repress your immoral thoughts or behavior.


Interesting. In my dream, I was pissed at the maggot because I saw it as a reason for the destruction of everything beautiful to me - my roses. So, I took a pin and tried to remove the maggot from the stem. I put the pin through the hole, poked the maggot, trying to get it out. When I pulled the pin out, only part of the maggot is on it and when I looked through the hole again, I saw the maggot trying to go deeper into the stem. So again I used the pin to try and remove it. Again. and again. and again.

Reading the two interpretations above I want to say that I was successful in removing that maggot from the one surviving rose plant. But I'd be lying if I say this. To be honest I can't remember how my dream ended. I don't know if I woke up still trying to remove that maggot from my plant yet each time I tried I would only remove a part of it and the maggot kept crawling within the stem. I don't know if I woke after I successfully removed it from the plant and as a result, the plant lives and every rose plant I put in my yard survives after that. I really don't know. Unfortunately, I have a feeling I wasn't successful.

How close are these interpretations to the actuality? If I take both meanings of my dream and take one event in my life right now and apply it, I would say its rather accurate. Things have been "eating away" at me. I do feel that certain individuals have been taking advantage of me - taking me for granted. I find it fascinating that I would dream something as random as a maggot and find this kind of meaning attached to it.

Very, very curious - don't you think?

G. @ 6/18/2004 -- 0 comment(s) -- Post a Comment


Comments: Post a Comment
layout name: express yourself -- layout by: nyokiglitter