Way Out.
you call me a bitch like there's something wrong with that.











            my thoughts.
                            exactly.





April 12, 2004

I'm seeing red.
Coz the dining room is red. AND ITS FINISHED!

Well, atleast I'm done with it. I finished painting the dining room over the weekend. Used 'Cinnamon Cherry' for the walls and ceiling and used white on all the trims and the closet (yes, it used to be a bedroom turned into dining room). I did a pretty good job, I think *pats self on back* considering the circumstances (that being, I HATE PAINTING TRIMS - hate it hate it hate it!). Just need to clean the room and put the closet door back in its place and of course I'll find some areas that need touch ups but I don't really care at this point. As far as I'm concern, it's DONE.

Actually, it's done FOR NOW since there is a plan of putting french doors there which will open to the backyard patio. But that won't happen until my friend Rob gets his act going. For now, i have useable space and that makes me happy happy.

Next, is the LR. I can't wait to move on to the living room which will be painted a nice deep yellow color (with a darker yellow/orange hue on the popcorn ceiling) and white trims as well. But the arch entry way to the kitchen needs to be finished *ahem* before any of this can be done. Getting SOMEONE to do it is the problem specially with the new distraction at hand, it'll be hard to get things going again. But this project has been sitting for almost a year and its beginning to get to me that if I can do it myself I would but of course I can't so I have to rely on someone else to do it and this sentence is turning out to be one long run on sentence that if I don't stop I'm going to start annoying all my eloquent friends. *breathe*. ANYWAY, so yeah, I think the LR will look nice.

I must be insane coz so far I want to build the dining room table. *I* want to build the dining room table. *ME*. Stop laughing. Ok go on. But if *I* do build a kick ass table, don't beg me to make you one. coz even if I want to, i probably wouldn't coz I know that I'm going to hate doing it. Atleast I'm already expecting the worse. Anyway, if *I* do build it, I'll try to post a picture here. Even if I decide to buy it, I'll post a picture here and claim that I built it myself. You guys won't know the diff.

I'm getting excited that its getting warmer outside. One reason is I'm ready to paint again ON CANVAS. I'm making my girl Kat something worthy of her dining room. We sort of have the same taste when it comes to certain things so I'm pretty confident that I know what her DR will look like and therefor know what kind of artwork would look good in it. Ok ok - I have SOME idea. If she doesn't like it, she doesn't have to hang it up. She can always put it in the bathroom.... darn - I don't think she's got a wall big enough for it.

Anyway, the connection between warm weather and painting - I can paint outside. There's no way in hell I'm painting in my house. You haven't seen how much hair my dog generates if you're asking why. Everything I own has dog hair. EVERYTHING. There's no way a canvas with wet paint will be spared. So I'm taking everything outside and hopefully I'll be able to negotiate for a small space in the garage to store it in there while it dries. either that or rent a studio space. This option is looking more and more like the way to go since I also want to start doing some painting so I can finally do a show in NYC. We'll see how everything pans out. But I'm targetting next year to do a one-woman show. Yah'llz are invited (if it happens). And you BETTER buy some of my art.

Sidenote: If next year comes and this show I speak of doesn't happen, I'll be one broken-hearted girl. Aud, kick my ass if we don't get that book and this show going???

G. @ 4/12/2004 -- 0 comment(s) -- Post a Comment


Comments: Post a Comment
layout name: express yourself -- layout by: nyokiglitter