Way Out.
you call me a bitch like there's something wrong with that.











            my thoughts.
                            exactly.





April 19, 2004

Hole in the hole
Apparently I am successfully putting a hole in my stomach. My Dr calls it stress. I call it BS. I don't get stress pretty easily but lately it's become apparent that there is some level of stress that I cannot shake off. As a result, here I am with a Dr's note telling me to take some R&R time - and who am I to argue? Even though this is not the perfect time to leave work as I have tons of projs going on at the same time including some major ones, I really think I should follow the Dr's advice. I know, I know... i was just in London and Seattle. Both were pretty good trips but there were some stress level involved specially the Seattle trip since it was really a work trip, i just happen to mix pleasure with it.

So yah, I'm trying to take it easy before i completely mess myself up. I'm looking forward to some days off and possibly some time under the sun.

Speaking of sun, we had a wonderful, beautiful weekend in the east coast and of course, yours trully took advantage of it. Saturday I met up with Kat and Trish and headed up to Woodbury Commons for some much needed shopping. We were there for 5 hrs ("but really we spent an hour eating lunch so just four hours, yah?" -kat trying to justify all the time we spent up there) and came home with only a couple of bags each. Un-fckin-believable. This is Woodbury we're talking about. An outlet mall. And I came home with an abundance of underwear and only a couple of shirts and shorts/skirts. I had a budget and I didn't even half it! Oh welps, I think it was mostly because it was crowded in all the stores (everyone an their moms and grandmoms were out) and really, we didn't have the patience to go through that much crowd. I know I didn't. But anyway, we had fun. It was a perfect excuse to enjoy the day.

Sunday was all about doing work outside. The entire day was dedicated to yard work and, amazingly, I walked away with only a fat lip (no missing limb, swollen face from mosquito bites, etc...). I was using some trimming tools (hedge cutter, some really REALLY big scissors but I don't know what they are called, branch trimmer kinda tool, etc...). I'm no Edward Scissorhands but I managed to trim three evergreen bushes and damn did I do a good job! It looked like I hired someone to do those topiary things to them. I also hacked about 2-3 bushes and that felt oh so good. Now my front lawn looks clean and ready for more plantings. Time to spend some moola on hydrangeas, lilacs, and whatever other plans that appeals to me. Hopefully they will all survive...



G. @ 4/19/2004 -- 0 comment(s) -- Post a Comment


Comments: Post a Comment
layout name: express yourself -- layout by: nyokiglitter