| Way Out. |
| you call me a bitch like there's something wrong with that. |
| contact me: email | looking back: my archives | get your own blogger |
|
my thoughts. exactly. |
March 19, 2004 Yet another rant from yours truly I consider myself a pretty good friend. I have pulled a lot of unnecessary stunts for my friends' entertainment. I have gone out of my way to help them. I have almost reached deafness listening to the whining and bitching. I don't help because they helped me last time. I don't measure my friendship with the favors I get from my friends or the times they hang out with me or the times I've heard from them. But this time I am. Last night I received an odd phone call from someone who i haven't talked to in while preceeded by a couple of text messages from someone else who I haven't heard from in awhile as well, telling me that the first person was about to call me. Mind you, the phone call was from a person I haven't heard from in years. Usually I'm thrilled when I hear from friends who I haven't talked to or seen in a long ass time but last night I felt odd. her: Hi. me: Hey how's it going. her: I heard you were just in London with J. me: Yeah I was hanging out with him and E while I was there. her: That's good. me: What's up her: I need a favor me: uncomfortable silence her: Can you lend me money? me: Uhmmm... more uncomfortable silence Can I call you back? I'm eating dinner right now. her: Ok And then she proceeded to give me her number after I asked for it. I was infact eating dinner. actually, i told the person that text messaged me about the phone call to tell this person not to call yet coz I was in the middle of eating dinner. Of course that request was ignored. Anyway, I called her back after I got home from dinner to tell her, in the nicest way, that I can't lend her money. Luckily she didn't ask me why i can't lend her money because I would have asked her the following: 1. When was the last time you tried calling me? 2. When was the last time you emailed me? 3. When was the last time you even tried to getting in touch with me in anyway possible? 4. Who told you to max out your credit cards? 5. What makes you think that if I lend you the money that you'd be able to pay me back? 6. After you pay your credit cards, what makes you think you are not going to max it out again? That's just some of the things that crossed my mind. I'm not very stringent with money when it comes to my friends. I don't have any problem lending them money. There were times when I put up money if I have it and they don't. I don't have a problem doing that. In this case though, I was sort of blindsighted by the request mostly because this is someone who I haven't really spoken to or heard from in years! I guess the fair weather is over.
G. @
3/19/2004
--
0 comment(s) --
Post a Comment
Comments:
Post a Comment
layout name: express yourself --
layout by: nyokiglitter
|