Way Out.
you call me a bitch like there's something wrong with that.











            my thoughts.
                            exactly.





March 05, 2004

Sore. Bruised. Limp as an overcooked noodle
The way I feel right now is reminiscent of how I felt after the marathon. Back then I was barely able to move my legs to walk anywhere. But today, my everything hurt. My legs, my back, my arms, name it, it hurts. Simple tasks like opening the door to the bathroom, sitting down, lifting my fork to my mouth during lunchtime, are very painful to do. But I guess it's all worth it because

WE WON!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm talking about my vball team. Last night we unexpectedly won the unexpected championship game. Let me tell you just how surprised we all were about this win.

My company has two teams: beginners (Div B) and intermediate (Div A). I belong to the Div B team. Our game last night was at 6 PM. We played three sets and won. After that game was Div A's game and they needed another girl to play, i was available, so I played. If you haven't read my entry on the last time I played with this team then you'll probably think 'big deal'. Well, it is a big deal coz the teams in the Div A league are pretty competitive, my Div A team included. So, of course I was nervous about the whole thing. Granted last time I played with them I did pretty well but we're talking about playoffs here so I was sooo afraid to make any mistakes. Unfortunately, the three girls playing in the team also played in the first game so we were all beat by the time the Div A game started. We played two sets and lost.

After the Div A game, I decided to sort of lie down on the floor to relax a bit before we hit the bar. This is when the captain of our teams approached me and broke the news: "The finals is tonight". This was at 8:10 PM and I just finished playing five sets. Of course my response was something like 'You're f-in with me'. Of course she wasn't. So she dragged me up and told me my spot on the court. We played expecting to lose to BofNY because we were all so beat down with the three guys in our team playing their second game of the night (they had the chance to rest up while we played in the Div A game) and the three girls playing their third game. But I guess we didn't think much of ourselves coz we won with just playing two sets! That's 7 games total in one night!

Everybody in the my Div B team played so well last night. All three teams we played against kept on giving me the ball coz they knew that out of everyone on our side of the court, I was the least experienced player. But last night was just plain spectacular. Our team has never played a better game. I have never played a better game. I'll admit, there were some balls that I just watched land in front of me during our last game but that's just because my arms couldn't take the abuse anymore, but i had a lot of awesome shots, bumps, and saves. I cringed every time I hit the ball though. It was just way too painful. My arms were already so swollen after the Div A game that I even despised serving (and i loved serving the ball!) during the final game. Right now its not as swollen as it was last night (putting my beer mug against it the entire time we were at the bar for our celebratory drinking helped i guess) but it is very much bruised.

It kind of sucks that the season is over. I sure will miss all the fun I had during the Div B games. The people I played with are great and they certainly helped me feel more like I belong in a group rather than still feeling like I'm trying to fit in. They said that I totally belong. I guess my antics in the court (the cartwheels, the cat calling, the booing, the dancing, the yelling telling everyone to 'calm the f--- down' when things are heating up, etc...) sort of helped alleviate any sort of pressure the competition generated. Certainly helped last night.

Anyway, i'm glad to wear the bruises of victory. It certainly would be different if we lost in both divisions. But since we won, the pain isn't as bad.

Softball season is next. Bring it on!

G. @ 3/05/2004 -- 0 comment(s) -- Post a Comment


Comments: Post a Comment
layout name: express yourself -- layout by: nyokiglitter