Way Out.
you call me a bitch like there's something wrong with that.











            my thoughts.
                            exactly.





March 16, 2004

The pubs close at 11, that's a load of bollocks, init!
I think so. To quote my friend kat 'what a waste of a city'! Of course we refer to the beautiful city of London. ALL pubs close at 11 and only the clubs open later (like 3). Our last night in London we ended up in Notting Hill to check out the night life there only to find out that there is no such thing after 11 PM. I remember going up to one pub and got stopped at the door by the bouncer who looked like Heath Ledger, 'We're closing sweetheart". I asked him what time it was and he said 11 PM. I cried out 'But we just woke up!". So we walked further down Portobello Road and we ran into people walking the opposite direction. Not looking good, we thought. Eventually we found a pub with two bouncers nice enough to let us in for a quick pint of guiness then they kicked us out at midnight. Actually, Kat has a better entry on our visit to london so I'll refer you to her site.

Some notes on our trip:
- look down before you cross the street. Chances are it'll tell you where to look first ('Look left', 'Look right') before you actually cross the street to avoid getting run over.
- Construction workers in London practice polite cat-calling. It should sound rude and obnoxious but coming from these guys with their accents it sounds, polite and sexy.
- Murphy's Law: If anything can go wrong, it will - and it did while trying to rendezvous with my good friend James. I get annoyed just thinking about it.
- with London, you don't hope for a good weather... you expect the worse so that when bad weather happens you can say 'it's not so bad'.

More later... I'll also try to post some pics.

G. @ 3/16/2004 -- 0 comment(s) -- Post a Comment


Comments: Post a Comment
layout name: express yourself -- layout by: nyokiglitter