Way Out.
you call me a bitch like there's something wrong with that.











            my thoughts.
                            exactly.





March 02, 2004

Out of the hiatus
Well, hello again.
I know, its been a couple of weeks since I've been here.
Not that I didn't have anything to write. I have tons actually. Just that every time I start writing, i stop and decide to put it off. I'm such a procrastinator.

Anyway, I bought four books three weeks ago: Dan Brown's Angels and Demons and DaVinci Code as well as Bill Bryson's Notes from a Small Island and In a Sunburned Country. Done with Angels and Demons. Although there are some parts that, in my opinion, could have been better, and the fact that the ending remains something to be desired, I think Angels and Demons is a pretty engaging book. It's definitely one of those books that I will want to pick up again sometime in the not-so-near future.

I read Angels and Demons within three days (although not consecutive days). Not a speed reader like some of my friends, but I tried to be done with it quick so I can start reading DaVinci Code. Actually, I wanted to save DaVinci Code for my trip to London with Kat and Trish but after hanging out with Riss and Aud this weekend, I picked up the book sooner than I wanted to. I read the first five chapters at the cafeteria during lunch yesterday (and snobbed every lunch invite) and it's proving to be better than Angels and Demons.

If you've read DaVinci Code, you can then imagine how annoyed I was when I found out that I left the book at work last night. I purposely went home early so I can lounge and read but when I looked in my bag, darn book wasn't in it. I was annoyed for a whole five minutes until I realized that I have Bryson's books somewhere in my car. So I ran out of the house, dashed to the car, and grabbed Notes from a Small Island.

It is no wonder Bryson is one of my fave authors. He's hilariously entertaining! I very much enjoyed reading A walk in the woods but I'm beginning to think that Notes from a Small Island, a story about his days living in Britain, is going to be better. For example when justifying his reason for dragging his whole family to visit a place he wrote "...I'd only agreed to go there because I thought the town was called Nookie and I wanted to stock up on postcards."

Now I'm re-considering putting down DaVinci Code and switching over to reading about Britain. Afterall, I'm going to be there in a few days.

I mentioned hanging out with Riss and Aud. I finally got around to driving out to Jersey for two hours to see Riss again postpartum. Let me tell you, if I look 3/4 as good as Riss after giving birth to two girls, then I'll be happy. Actually, she looked better a few days after she gave birth so really its no surprise she looked even better on Saturday. So, yeah, Aud and I drove to Jersey separately to make sure that Riss is holding on to her sanity.

I'm actually pretty surprised at how well my friend is handling having two kids. Granted Geo is a great guy and helps her with the kids but she seem to have everything together. I guess she's going to have to since she's left with Faith and Angelina most of the time. Props to her because I don't think I'd be able to handle it if I was in her shoes.

Anyway, I had fun hanging out with Riss, Aud, Geo, Faith and Angelina. We had Filipino and Chinese food for lunch while we talked in codes about Brown's books. At this time I've only read Angels and Demons and Aud has read DaVinci Code. Riss, on the other hand, read both books so she was itching to talk about them but couldn't really do it coz we all didn't want to ruin it for me and Aud. So, she talked to me about 'A & D' in codes while she talked to Aud about 'D C' also in codes. After pigging out on lechon kawali, adobo, apritada, lumpia, pan fried noodles, fried scallops, rice, and turon, (and after Aud made both babies cry - good job!) we sat our asses down and watched 'Finding Nemo' and then sang 'Beyond the Sea' (i think that's the title) during the credits. After the movie, we played around with Geo's camera phone. I'm hoping, and at th same time i'm not, that those pictures will be posted on Riss' site soon. We didn't take a lot of pics but the ones that we did are definitely post-worthy.

I wrote this poem while waiting in irritation for the poetry reading to start at a local cafe up in Shelton, CT:
Lies
The smile
The laugh
The glint in your eyes
All lies
These words you utter
I have heard them before
I believed them then
I despise them now
Yet they will echo for many tomorrows
All lies.


I actually had someone read this up on stage that same night. I would have gone up and read it myself but at that time I couldn't speak in a language anyone could understand so I had someone else read it. I'm going back there next week to depress more people with my poetry. Don't worry, I'll make sure to read a disclaimer prior to starting. Something to the effect of '... In no way will I be liable for any psychiatric effects as result of my poetry...'

G. @ 3/02/2004 -- 0 comment(s) -- Post a Comment


Comments: Post a Comment
layout name: express yourself -- layout by: nyokiglitter