Way Out.
you call me a bitch like there's something wrong with that.











            my thoughts.
                            exactly.





February 01, 2004

There's nothing like watching men in tights...
Are football players borderline gay? They wear tights, they LOVE smacking each other's ass, some of them have gagballs in their mouths, and everytime they huddle or pile on each other, it looks like a big orgy.... hmmmm...

So anyway, my team made it to the Superbowl again. That's right, MY team the New England Patriots. I'm a fake sports fanatic. I only care who's playing in the end if my teams are in it. The Yankees or the Mets for baseball, the Patriots or Giants (sometimes the Jets but who are we kidding???) for football, the Knicks and Nets for basketball, the Rangers or Devils for Hockey... see a pattern here? Most of them are NY teams, really Tri-state teams. But tonight, the spotlight is on my Patriots.

I used to watch a lot of sports back when I was living with my fam - big sports fans. We usually end up hanging out at my aunt's place in Flushing (yeah yeah). I was actually contemplating driving to Queens tonight to watch this with them but ruled against it (sucks being responsible sometimes).

The pre-game show was ok. Aerosmith was awesome although his set was rather short I think. Beyonce's rendition of the Star Spangled Banner has got to be one of the best I've ever seen/heard. If she missed a note, I doubt anyone noticed - she was gooooooood. We'll see how half time fares to the pre-game. Janet Jackson is supposed to perform I think.

Anyway, back to my Patriots. They are the best team in the league right now. Even so, I think they should really watch out for the Panthers. They sort of came from nowhere and now look at where they are. Granted the Patriots is a very intimidating team with such a very strong defense - I'd be quiverring right now if I were one of them Panthers.

I'll brb later!

Dammit! It's a tied game, 7-7 with 1:58 mins left. Carolina's doing some damage out there! But Brady just passed to Branch - 52 yards baby!!! Maybe we can slip a touchdown before halftime? And we did!!! With 18 seconds to spare even! 14 - 7 baby! Woooo hooooo!!!!

Sidenote: I think I just scared the crap out of my dog. She was lying on me when the touchdown happened and I jumped and lifted all 120 lbs of her! Also, I think the Superbowl is bad for the bladder. You don't want to have to get up to go to the bathroom - otherwise you'll miss the game or the commercials!

Halftime show definitely rocked this year. I think my fave part is P. Diddy and Nelly as well as Kid Rock's performance. Definitely high energy. Although it's sort of hard for me to party by myself.... *cricket sound*. It sucks to watch any sports by yourself... Oh welps!

Dammit again! The Panthers are now ahead with 22-21. I hate that look on Delhomme's face. I wish he could have seen his face during those times when he made those stupid passes. Meanwhile, my heart breaks for Brady for that one really REALLY bad throw trying to score a touchdown - it was intercepted and boy did Brady look disappointed. That's ok - he's still hotter than Delhomme.

Of course, that didn't last long. NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS WINS THE SUPERBOWL!!! YEAH BABY!!!!

Props to Vinatieri for actually making the winning goal. He missed one, and another got blocked - but hey, it's all forgotten. All that matters is that we won!!!!! =).

I LOVE Brady!!!!!
Ok, now Tiny and I can go to the bathroom =).

G. @ 2/01/2004 -- 0 comment(s) -- Post a Comment


Comments: Post a Comment
layout name: express yourself -- layout by: nyokiglitter