| Way Out. |
| you call me a bitch like there's something wrong with that. |
| contact me: email | looking back: my archives | get your own blogger |
|
my thoughts. exactly. |
February 04, 2004 Quotes from Okla-fkn-homa Got these from Chris' site. I want to put it on here coz I think they are appropriate 'rules' for today: On Finances: This is really simple. If you can afford it, go buy it. However, if you do not need it and cannot afford it, do not buy it. If you do buy it, do not complain about lack of funds afterwards. Do not even gripe about it. Have your own pity party somewhere else. Enjoy your toy and suffer the consequences. I will ignore you.I know a couple of people who LOVE to tell what they have been doing with their money. That's cool. Good for you. But what is annoying is when they turn around and say FIFTY MILLION TIMES how broke they are after just spending this and that on partying, or shopping, or what have you. First of all, I think I heard you the first time. Second of all, I definitely heard you the second time. Third of all, don't make me jam something up my ears (or more preferred, up your mouth) coz i DEFINITELY heard you the third, the fourth, the fifth.... time! It's one thing if you're broke because you spent money on things that make sense to have/do - books, school, clothing coz the ones you have are waaaay outdated. But if you're going to spend your money like you have no care in the world then turn to me and tell me how broke you are - then don't be upset if I laugh at your ass or if I ignore your whining. I've really had enough of it. On Advice: If you need my advice, ask me. But do not get angry with me if you do not agree with my views. You have a choice. You do not have to take my advice.In addition to this sentiment, if people don't ask for advice that probably means they don't want it from you. Real simple. How hard is it not to put your nose in other people's business? Suuuuure, if I whine at you and complain about anything and everything under the sun then feel free to give me your opinion. And if I care, then I'll accept. But if it's unsolicited and I tell you to bug off (which contrary to popular belief, I rarely do), then don't be fckin offended about it. Of course there is that argument that if you post it on the internet, then its open for everyone. Suuuure. But again, back to the unsolicited argument. It is out there but no one forced you to read it, right? Guilty as charged. Maybe not for point number one(on Financial). I have, at several instances, given my two cents on things even though unsolicited. I said several. Mostly you'll hear me saying 'uh huh' or 'ok' or some kind of obligatory remark.. At these times I'm probably biting my tongue or just not really caring about what is being discussed. But when I'm very irked about something, I do end up unleashing and end up saying what I think about the situation even when not asked. At these times, I'll pull the 'I'm only human card' until I find a better excuse (and say 'I'm really NOT human so pardon my ignorance'?). Meantime, I'll TRY to keep close to the two 'rules' above.
G. @
2/04/2004
--
0 comment(s) --
Post a Comment
Comments:
Post a Comment
layout name: express yourself --
layout by: nyokiglitter
|