Way Out.
you call me a bitch like there's something wrong with that.











            my thoughts.
                            exactly.





December 13, 2003


Why the hell do people feel the need to pry? I'm not talking about friends who ask you what's going on when they feel that you're a bit off from what they usually know of you. Sure they'll ask. You have the option to answer or not. And whatever you decide on, they respect it which is why they are your friends in the first place.

I'm talking about those people who just pry just because they want to be in the know. If I dont want to talk about it, then take that as me saying 'go jerk off somewhere else'. I dont ask you about your life or anything, must mean I don't really give a fuck as to what is going on with you so don't even try to get involved in my business coz I dont want you there. Period. Don't stick your nose where you're not wanted. It makes you look pathetic.

Now that that's out of the way...
Let's move on to better things. I have to apologize. I realize that the past few entries on my blog has been nothing but that - 'nothing'. Just me ragging about different subjects (and people) here and there. THe truth is, I have other stuff to talk about.

Spent most of last weekend shovelling. As much as I love snow, i think it ought to stay up in the mountains where it belongs. I can really do without it on the driveway. Or the roads. Or the 3 hrs commute to and from work because the roads are icy as hell. I missed out on a good time at Sol's on Saturday because it was snowing so badly up where I live. Had to stay in most of the time. I would have rather driven to Jersey and just hang out than shovel the driveway. That choice was upto me but it would have been a stupid decision if I did go. Anyway, sounded like it was mostly salsa peeps who went so I would have been the two-left foot hanging out in the corner - or by the table where the food was laid out coz we all know she makes an awesome spread!

Actually, besides shovelling I ended up running some errands for a friend of mine who had a baby earlier than scheduled. Her husband was away and her entire fam lived in Brooklyn and I was the closest sucker in the area. She wasn't ready at all for the baby to arrive so she didn't have anything. I must have called atleast 5 places to see if they were open. Luckily I found a mall that was insane enough to operate during a blizzard. SO there I trekked (must have been running 5 miles an hour while being blown every which way by wind - or was that me slipping side to side?) and went to 4 diff stores to find an infant coat (complete ears, gloves, and booties), onesies, infant socks, hat, etc... Seth was stylin on his way home on Sunday.

That was the snowstorm.

What else... oh yeah, my group at work went to Spark's for lunch on Friday. A stretch picked up a few of us at the office and dropped us off afterwards. Had looooots of drinks and a great ol' time with everybody. I never thought how highly my superiors thought of me until Friday. My SVP actually thought I've been with the company longer than I have just coz it seems like I know the ins and outs of the biz already. Anyway, its great to know that they value my presence. I do love what I do. Its a plus that my contributions are acknowledged.

As I said, I had looots of drinks. A couple of martinis, cap'n and coke, and a whole bottle of wine all to myself (everybody had reds, I had white to match my chilean sea bass). Needless to say I had a good buzz going even as we reached the office. Luckily I didnt do anything stupid like throw up on my boss or anything (like last time, but let's not get into that!). Actually, I did do something stupid but we dont need to talk about that. ANyway, I wasn't going to drive home at the state I was in so I ended up at the company gym to try to sober up. It worked a bit specially since I was able to lift weights I would never have lifted had I been completely sober. Couple of hours later, I went right back up to my desk just to hang out a bit then when I can finally see straight, I went home.

Also two weeks back I attended a thank you luncheon for volunteering at some events that promote diversity. It was pretty cool coz I've never met the prez of the company before and he was actually there to thank all the volunteers. I sat at a table where I didnt know anybody. Not that it would have mattered who I sat with specially since I really didnt know a lot of peeps at work - not yet atleast. But anyway, I went ahead and introduced myself to everybody and had fun with them. After the event I was telling my colleague about the luncheon and who I was sitting with and found out that I was sitting next to 2 CEOs, an SVP and a director. I was the small fish. Oh welps, I dont think I said anything stupid specially since I head from one of the CEOs and he said that it was a pleasure meeting me. Anyway, I walked away from the luncheon with an appreciation plaque and few new acquaintances to say hi to when I bump into them in the hallways.

Last week also I went to the city and met up with Aud for lunch. Its so nice to see her. Always nice to see her. She's like one of those people who I can talk to about anything and doesn't end up judging me or sneaking behind my back just to talk about what we talked about to other people. I can't say that all my friends are like that but I definitely have high confidence in her specially when I feel like no one else can understand where I'm coming from or why I do the things I do or say the things I say. She sort of sits back, listens, and then tells me what she thinks without hesitation. I'm not the most open person when it comes to personal feelings but I feel like I can tell her anything and everything and at the end of the conversation I'm not worried about losing her as result of said discussion or that she'll go ahead and blabber about it elsewhere. After lunch, met up with a couple of peeps from work for some drinks then off to the circus then some really REALLY good indian food (Kat, we gotta go to this place!).

Hmmmm... I've got a few things coming up. Will be working at 'The Bowery' soup kitchen this coming week. Looking forward to it actually since I've never volunteered in a shelter before. Its the kind of thing I definitely would like to start getting involved in doing specially during the holidays. But not only during the holidays. I think I'll definitely participate more often.

I also have another volunteer work on Friday. It's 'Christine's Day' at work and what it is is a big holiday party for the employee's kids. Every year they have it and its hosted by this group at work that usually organizes non-profit events and volunteer work. I recently joined the group so this is like my first assignment. I'm also looking forward to it. I hope they make me a clown! Although I dont know if I'd be a good clown since I dont really have any tricks. I can trip and fall - I'm very good at that. But besides that, I have no other tricks. So maybe I should hope they assign me as a chaperone instead. The last thing I want is to be stuck in a clown's suit while the kids boo me off the stage. You know I dont like brats. You get the picture.

G. @ 12/13/2003 -- 0 comment(s) -- Post a Comment


Comments: Post a Comment
layout name: express yourself -- layout by: nyokiglitter