| Way Out. |
| you call me a bitch like there's something wrong with that. |
| contact me: email | looking back: my archives | get your own blogger |
|
my thoughts. exactly. |
November 26, 2003 Holiday Hoopla Just reading my girl Aud's blog and I can't help but smile. She has this way of reassuring me in one way or another - even if we don't talk. Her November 20 entry proves that I'm not the only holiday grouch around here. Don't get me wrong. I used to love the holidays. Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter - even working-hallmark card holidays like V-day. I used to start singing/playing Christmas carols once the '-ber' months begin. But no more for me. I'm no longer a holiday person. And its to no one's fault but mine. I just dont see the point to it anymore. You miss a day at work to be with families and then at the end of the day you're tired, aggravated, frustrated. OK. Maybe not everyone's holiday end up like this. But mine always does. So pardon me but I think I'm entitled to not celebrate if I chose not to. Some of you will probably think that I'm missing the point of holidays. Which point is that? I don't wait for Christmas to celebrate Christ's birth. I celebrate it every time I do good deeds. I don't wait for Thanksgiving to be thankful for everything I have (and don't have coz I'm sure I dont have them for a reason). I am thankful everyday I wake up. I don't wait for Valentines day to celebrate love. I celebrate love when it needs to be celebrated. So on and so forth. I'm not going to be a complete grouch and ruin it for everybody. Not at all. I shall give gifts to those who deserve. Wish everyone a happy holiday, of course. But if you ask me what I'm going to do for the holidays and I answer you with nothing but 'nothing'. Please don't give me a sad look. Coz its what I choose to do and its none of your business. I still smile when I hear the carols. I still like walking around New York City and enjoy all the holiday decorations. I will probably still go down to Central Park and ice skate during the month of december to enjoy the crisp cold air that comes with christmas. But I think that's alll I want. It's probably a phase I'm going through. May last. May not. Who knows. All I know is that on the day of the holiday, I dont want to do anything but sleep late, hang out with my dog, and maybe eat left over from the night before.
G. @
11/26/2003
--
0 comment(s) --
Post a Comment
Comments:
Post a Comment
layout name: express yourself --
layout by: nyokiglitter
|