| Way Out. |
| you call me a bitch like there's something wrong with that. |
| contact me: email | looking back: my archives | get your own blogger |
|
my thoughts. exactly. |
October 16, 2003 A long time worth of randomness So it has been awhile since you've heard from me. I actually didn't think a lot of people follow my blog until a bunch of you started complaining and whining about outdated material I have on here. So what has been going on? I just got home from Borders where I happened upon Jamie Oliver - the Naked Chef. Nothing naked about this one although I really don't know anymore if I wanna see him naked at all after meeting him in person (he is adorable albeit nothing close to gorgeous and he looked like a slob tonight to say the least) . He was at Borders in Fairfield for a book signing. I'm a virgin at going to these book signing stuff. But I actually like his show and always find my self salivating (over the food, dorknuts) after every show I watch. Not an avid fan but if its on and nothing else enticing is on then I sit and watch and wish the food is being prepared for me. Anyway, got my cookbook, had it signed, and after a bit of chitchat, I was out of there and now home with my Tiny watching the Yankees' ass get kicked by the Sucks. Actually, I haven't given up yet. The Yankees cannot be THIS bad. Its a good team and everyone knows this. I'm not sure what's going on during this game (bottom of the 4th 4-0 Boston). It seems like the entire team is sleeping. I should have been there at the stadium waking their asses off. Instead here I sit, writing on this blog (no more whining please), with Tiny comfortably lying next to me on the couch (more like Tiny occupying the entire couch except for the small space where 1.5 of my ass sits uncomfortably). We're both hoping that the Yanks will pick up and rule again. Otherwise my phone will not stop ringing tomorrow as my Sucks fan friends call to gloat. And I may just have to hang up on every single one of them. Payback is a bitch specially if you're on the receiving end. What else. Oh - my girl Aud has found a clever way to exploit lazy people. I can't think of a better way to earn a living (besides doing what I do - and oh yeah, doing what Kat's cousin Zooey is doing...) than to write essays for strippers who are willing to pay $50 bucks per page. That's right, I said $50 bucks per page. And yes, strippers. I think last I spoke to Aud she was working on a 5-page essay which will earn her a total of $250 bucks plus bonus (was it $150???) if the paper gets an 'A'. Come finals, can you imagine how much those 25-page essays will bring in??? Proof that all the time she spent writing all those papers for law school and her Masters are not wasted after all! Ok - The Yanks just hit a homer. 4-1 bottom of the 5th. There is hope! hmmm... Last week I actually stayed in Manhattan for 2 nights. Stayed at the Drakes where my group at work hosted a symposium for some of our participants. The meeting itself went well but the highlight of my trip was hanging out with Kat and Trish. I even gave up Yankees tickets to see them. I know, idiotic. But hey, shows you how I value my friends, right? Anyway, the Yanks lost that night anyway so ain't no biggie. They better win tonight though!!! The cold has arrived here in the northeast. We went from having 90 degrees weather to 30 degrees weather. I actually wake up to frost every friggin morning for the past two weeks. I have mixed feelings about this coming winter. I'm a bit excited since I think I'm ready to get all gung-ho about snowboarding again. But I'm also a bit apprehensive about welcoming the winter time since I have this small car and i dont quite know how it'll handle with all the snow. Speaking of cars, I've made up my mind on what my next car is going to be: an Avalanche. I think it is one of the best looking vehicles on the road, second to the h2 of course. It has the same body as the Escalade EXT but not the same price tag. Granted it also isn't a Cadillac but u know what, I don't need a Cadillac. I want a truck. Who knows, by the time I'm ready to purchase one a better looking truck with a better package might break through the surface. But for now I want the Avalanche 2500 complete with the body hardware. End of story. Oh, and yes, I also want a bike. Been contemplating getting one for 2+ years now. Originally I wanted a Ducati but will settle for a smaller bike to start with. Stop freaking out. I will take a class first to see how I like it. It's not as much of a done deal (yet) like the need/want for the truck. But its something I'm seriously considering. Some stuff coming up: - night of liquoring up with Trish, Sol and Kat on Saturday - heading to St. Louis on Monday for a 3-hr meeting - Montreal on halloween weekend - NC for Thanksgiving. I'm quite excited about the last one since I'm taking Tiny with me. It'll be interesting. I love taking her on road trips. And she loves riding in cars. What can I say, she is my dog afterall. I need to do this: Shout out to my girl Christine out in bumbaland Oklahoma. It's been awhile since we last spoke and I hope things are well with you and Jollynaise! Miss you both! Update: And the Yankees won!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish I was out there freezing my ass off and celebrating with everyone. And ahhhhhh... Pedro looks like he's about to cry. Should have sat down when was asked to. And Rivera - he's my new man. He played an awesome season.
G. @
10/16/2003
--
0 comment(s) --
Post a Comment
Comments:
Post a Comment
layout name: express yourself --
layout by: nyokiglitter
|