Way Out.
you call me a bitch like there's something wrong with that.











            my thoughts.
                            exactly.





August 22, 2003


Uhmmm....

I'm at the office today and there are tons of kids running around. Those who know me well know I love kids as long as (1) they are cute (2) they are not annoying and (3) I can hand them back to their parents.

Today is the company picnic and as expected people are going to bring their kids for the festivities. It's going to be a pretty cool day i think. They've set up rides for the kids (and me), casino for the adults (play money), tons of food from all over the world, and an international bar for the grown ups. You know where to find me (if you don't know to find me at the bar and food stands and occassionally at the kiddie rides, then you don't really know me).

Anyway, back to the kids. When i first caught drift that everyone around me are bringing their kids i started thinking about adopting a kid for the day just so I can fit in. Lo and behold, none of my friends trust me alone with their kids. I'm cool as long as the kid is cool (no whining, crying, etc...). But as soon as they start crying, you better believe I'll hand them right back to their parents. Sounds horrible but I just don't know what to do with a crying kid! I don't know if they are hurt or whatever. And if they are hurt, I dont know what to do with that either! So its not that I don't want to deal with them when they are at their worst, its just that I wouldn't know what to do!

I'm actually freaking out coz there's way too many kids around me. It's like a nightmare. But I've devised a place to take control of the situation. Yesterday on my way home, I went shopping for candies, treats, snacks, activity briefcases, crayons, etc... Before I left work I also printed out some puzzles and coloring sheets for the kiddies. I have filled up my bottom drawer with the snacks and I'm going to set up the activities in one of the conference rooms. The point is to contain them in one central location and keep them occupied. That way we can all be happy!

If that doesn't work, I have arranged accomodations in the lower level of the building to which I refer to as 'the seventh layer of hell'. There's no circulating air there, the floor creeks, and you can never find your way out, which makes it a perfect place to hide incase the above plan doesn't work. I have it all down!

We'll see if I survive today... I'll check in with you guys later.

G. @ 8/22/2003 -- 0 comment(s) -- Post a Comment


Comments: Post a Comment
layout name: express yourself -- layout by: nyokiglitter