Way Out.
you call me a bitch like there's something wrong with that.











            my thoughts.
                            exactly.





July 14, 2003


Things that happen only to me.

I love mosquitoes like someone would love colonoscopy. When I got home from work tonight I decided to plant the Clematis vine that I got yesterday from my new fave nursery. I didn't think it would take me til night fall to do it but I didn't finish until 8. And nightfall brought mosquitoes and of course, I'm a mosquito magnet so they all flocked to me. And tonight, mosquitoes had me for dinner. Rather, they had my ankle for dinner. It doesn't really help that I'm allergic to mosquito bites so now my right ankle's all swollen from the 5 (could be more) bites from being out tonight. Sucks. Now I'm going to be limping all over the place tomorrow. That is if I can even walk.

Mischievous me. So I noticed today while browsing Kat's pics from her weekend luau that I look pretty goofy in most of my pictures with them. I told my friend Trish about this and she said I don't really look goofy but just happy. My friend Rob said the same thing. This made me feel better. Then, upon looking closely, I actually appear more mischievous than goofy. I look like I was just about to play a joke on someone. Actually if you happen to come across some of our other group pics (some from Sol's place or even our Miami pics), I have the same look on my face. The same mischievous smile. Oh well, atleast I'm consistent.

Meant to be. Interesting thing I found out at work today. While having lunch with my manager, she told me that she wanted to present the offer to me on the same day (or atleast have it processed on that same day so HR can get back to me the day after the interview). But when she got bakc to her office after she interviewed me, there was a voicemail waiting for her. It was from HR telling her that the head count has been frozen - no new hires. Of course this put her in a panic mode and she said she leapt from her office to her SVPs office to address the issue. She said she fought for a couple of days to get me in there since she really needed the resource and I was a perfect fit for the position. So, after she pulled every string she had access to, the froze was lifted only for me. I was the only one hired during the freeze. I told her "wow, I'm so lucky!" She replied, "No, it's just meant to be!". And that, my friends, is why I am at MasterCard.

G. @ 7/14/2003 -- 0 comment(s) -- Post a Comment


Comments: Post a Comment
layout name: express yourself -- layout by: nyokiglitter