| Way Out. |
| you call me a bitch like there's something wrong with that. |
| contact me: email | looking back: my archives | get your own blogger |
|
my thoughts. exactly. |
May 13, 2003 Miami (Part I) Well, well. I know. I should have written about this trip a long time ago. Well, stop complaining and just read on. The only reason I am actually here in front of a computer is because its pouring rain outside. Otherwise I would have been by the pool, sipping some kind of frozen drinks. The earlier forecast of 'isolated thunderstorm' has now changed to 'heavy thunderstorm' and with flood watch in effect for the Miami-Dade county are. Those weather people - they call it as they see it "Oh - i see rain... must be rain". Gotta love them. Actually it has been absolutely beautiful in Miami since I got here. Tonight is the only exception. Don't really mind it since I didn't really have any plans for tonight. Was able to lie on the beach today and worked on my tan so its not so bad. That's what I've been doing since I got here. Wake up, put on my bathing suit, walk out to the beach, catch some sun and swim a bit. Oh, and in between those I had meals. That's the kind of vacation I like. Sun and good food. Speaking of good food - I had some really overpriced, BAD food last night at this joint Yuca. They have the BEST Mojito I've ever had but the service and food were horrible. I hope they don't think that their mojito will make up for it. Anyway, in fairness to the restaurant, apparently they used to have good food (dunno bout the service) but it seems that the quality has declined. Maybe they changed chef or owners - I don't know. They ought to NOT change anything with their mojito though. It definitely kicked ass. Went snorkelling on Mother's day (and yes, I called my mom to wish her happy mother's day). Our boat went to the famous 'Statue of Christ' site which I went to last year on Good Friday. I didn't mind that we went to the same place I've been to. I can go back there any day as long as I haven't touched the statue yet (they say its for good luck - we all know I need it right now). Anyway, the weather was absolutely beautiful but there were a lot of rolling waves (windy?) for some reason which made snorkelling a challenge. The captain warned everyone to stay clear of the reefs coz if a 3 ft wave picks you up on a 4ft deep reef, then it'll slam you down onto the reef. Doesn't sound like fun. So I stayed clear. It was hard swimming against all those waves. Water also kept on going in to my snorkel which is why I intend to invest in a good quality snorkel before the ladies get here. I didn't realize how exagerrated the ocean's motion is on the boat until I stepped in from the water. When I was done snorkelling, I headed back to the boat and a few seconds after I felt a bit seasick but not as sick as most of the people on that boat. Atleast 4 people 'fed' the fishes (and there were like 10 people on the boat plus 2 crews). Most of them men. I didn't which is good. I just had to center my energy (something you learn through yoga) and i was fine. Anyway, all in all the trip in itself was worth the 1.5 hrs drive to Key Largo. Saw the statue (I have yet to touch it!), saw cool fishes including a baracuda, and didn't get slammed on the reef. Yeah - it's a good trip I say. I'll be enjoying Miami til Sunday. Tomorrow night the girls arrive. Can't wait to see them! I'm sure we'll all have a good time. I'll let you guys in on it so stay tuned! I miss my Tiny.
G. @
5/13/2003
--
0 comment(s) --
Post a Comment
Comments:
Post a Comment
layout name: express yourself --
layout by: nyokiglitter
|