Way Out.
you call me a bitch like there's something wrong with that.











            my thoughts.
                            exactly.





February 06, 2003


Speeding, Fine Dining

So i got a speeding ticket yesterday. Pretty pathetic since I was 2 exits away from my house when this unmarked car pulled me over. 83 on a 55 apparently. And the state trooper said that +2 more and its an arrestable offense. So, needless to say I shut my mouth when I had the urge to question if his device is accurate (coz i could have been running more than that - i'm not admitting to anything!). Anyway, I'm pretty upset about this coz now I have to pay this humungous fine with money I don't have! What kind of calculation is involved anyway that makes them decide how much to fine speeders? Is there some kind of formula or does it depend on the position of the sun, moon, stars?

Anyway, this unpleasing even was sort of balanced by a nice little trip to Tribeca Grill in New York City. Good ol' New York has some of the best restaurants in the world. Tribeca Grill which sits in downtown manhattan has been on the Zagat's fine dining list for awhile now. I've been wanting to go there but never had the chance to until last night. We went there for the extension of the New York City Winter Restaurant Week celebration (it was last week but some restaurants extended it) where they serve a 3-course meal for $30.03. Of course once we sat down and glanced at the menu, we totally forgot about the $30.03 deal and just ordered from the regular menu. I had some foei gras for appetizer (yummmmmmy!), seared sea scallops for dinner, and creme brulee for dessert. Had some mojito as well! Overall the meal was great - however, the service was horrible. Every course, we sat there for who knows how long waiting to have our plates cleared. Eventually I found out the reason why it took them so long to get to our table and clear our mess - the woman serving us was doing some kind of wine tasting or what not by the bar! WTF! If I'm paying $100+ for dinner, you better believe I'll expect prompt service! I wasn't going to leave a good tip (usually 20%) but I wasn't paying attention when the bill was being divided with the peeps i went with. so the biyatch got some good tip she didn't deserve!!

When we went back to the car after dinner we noticed this odd looking dog sniffing around next to the car. As we got closer, we noticed that the dog was actually interested in an item wrapped in a foil. As we got even closer, it became apparent that the dog was sniffing some pastry shaped into this giant penis! I have to give credit to the person that made the penis baked good. Not only is it HUGE (we're talkin about over a foot long here!) but there is no doubting that the 'artiste' spent quite some time perfecting the shape - its anatomically correct! Not that we examined it - goodness I wouldn't touch it if you paid me (well actually, it depends on HOW MUCH you'd pay me) - but from what we saw, it looked like they did a pretty good job.

I haven't been in a city where I find odd things such as a penis shaped pastries lying around in street corners. New York - you gotta love it! This city definitely eliminates shock value that people from other cities might react to. I miss living there!

G. @ 2/06/2003 -- 0 comment(s) -- Post a Comment


Comments: Post a Comment
layout name: express yourself -- layout by: nyokiglitter