Way Out.
you call me a bitch like there's something wrong with that.











            my thoughts.
                            exactly.





February 27, 2003


Moving Sucks Big Nuts but....

When picking up the U-Haul truck, the guy that rented it to me says as I was walking out the door 'Have fun with your move!'. I almost turned around and ripped him a new one. Who says 'enjoy your move'? Was he being sarcastic? Anyone who's ever had to move knows how much moving sucks. I personally would prefer never to move again if I have to do all the packing and moving myself. Screw that. I'll leave everything and just buy new stuff! Good idea, yah?

The only good thing about moving is that you find stuff you never thought you'll see again. I found a few clothes that I bought two years ago with the tag still on them. Lucky people who buy their stuff from Goodwill will end up with new clothes from 2 seasons ago! Besides clothing, I found some old pictures, letters and cards and plane ticket stubs. These items made me smile and made packing a little bit more enjoyable. Some things I found:

1. Pictures from visiting friends in Chicago, California, Toronto, Virginia, Maryland, and some places I can't identify
2. Pictures from when friends visited the east coast - some were taken at very late hours and during times when people look like they were about to pass out from drunkenness
3. A flower card that said 'David loves Snow'.
4. A card that read 'We will forever be friends' and a note by the sender that said 'I miss you, more than you'll ever know'.
5. A letter from the beautiful state of Alaska (whoever knows how I can get in touch with Stoobie, please please PLEASE tell me!).
6. A picture of a monster truck from San Diego
7. Pictures on the Staten Island ferry with Shea, Jon, Dean and Erwin. Pictures were taken during late, cold, night. I dont know what we were thinking!
8. Pictures from FIND conferences - best one is group picture at the UMD campus with a whole crowd of IRCers - must have been 50 of us there!
9. Coveted Bull-Ridin-Sistahs picture *sigh*
10. Letters from friends in the PI.

I'll try to post some of the pics when i get my hands on a scanner. When I unpack these things I will try to store them properly and actually remember where I put them. These findings are stuff I'll treasure forever.


The internet is not your private domain
Some people act like whatever they put on the internet is private. Well guess what - it's not. Unless you password protect your stuff (even this precaution doesn't prevent intruders, mind you). Don't publish anything on here that you dont want others to read. Don't talk shit about people if you don't want them to find out that you were talking shit about them. You're kidding yourself if you think that by them not knowing the URL to your site it means that they will never, ever find out that you're talking trash about them. Consider this my public service of the night.

Duh.

G. @ 2/27/2003 -- 0 comment(s) -- Post a Comment


Comments: Post a Comment
layout name: express yourself -- layout by: nyokiglitter