| Way Out. |
| you call me a bitch like there's something wrong with that. |
| contact me: email | looking back: my archives | get your own blogger |
|
my thoughts. exactly. |
February 14, 2003 I'm such a V-day Grouch! If there's one person I know that despise valentine's day, its probably me. I feel bad for the people around me today coz I've been giving them a hard time everytime they bring up the subject of valentine's day. Its just a hallmark holiday. Sure, you can tell me that Mother's and Father's day are both hallmark holidays. I agree with that 100% but there's just something special about having to honor your parents in that special day. Granted, you should show your parents how much you love then and appreciate everything you've done for them but Mother's and Father's day is a celebration of them being parents. But what the hell is valentine's day for? And what's with the rush to get flowers and chocolates and couples feeling pressured to do something special on this day? I don't get it. To me, valentine's day is such a pretentious holiday. Why can't you express your love to your significant other on regular days? Why do you have to wait for this one day to give them flowers? Why do you have to wait for this one day to do something nice for them? What's with all the red? Why can't people wear something cheerful like yellow or something? And what's with the damn expensive flowers? Now I have to wait a couple of days to replace the flowers in my vase at work coz you know I'm not about to shell out $50+ more for flowers that I'd normally pay $10 bucks for! The best time for me during this ludicrous holiday is being at work. Granted I've received my share of flowers and gifts on this oh-so-fuckin glorious day. But come the fuck on! Why do people make a fuckin big deal when the girl at the corner doesn't get flowers or chocolates or anything today??? Really. Already she felt like crap because every other cube has long stem roses that probably cost the boyfriends or husband (some have both) the entire week's pay - no need to fuckin point it out. And who says that just because its valentines day that it gives people the right to leaev early? If I assign you something to finish today, you better not give me the fucking excuse that "I have a date tonight - it's valentines day" coz you know for sure I won't be sympathetic and will probably find a way to have you stay longer here than usual. You all probably think that I'm bitter coz I didn't get any gifts today. Sorry but I'm not as fuckign shallow as you but you're right. I haven't received anything today. But I'm not bitter. Also for the record, almost every year I've received stuff on valentine's day. Last year I received a dozen roses for every day of the week during v-day week and I still hold the same sentiment. For as long as I can remember I've always hated - yes HATED - this holiday. Unless one day I end up owning hallmark or I actually end up having my own flowershop so that I can charge all of you $25 bucks per long stem rose, then you'll never be able to convince me that this day is anything other than a commercial load of bullshit.
G. @
2/14/2003
--
0 comment(s) --
Post a Comment
Comments:
Post a Comment
layout name: express yourself --
layout by: nyokiglitter
|