| Way Out. |
| you call me a bitch like there's something wrong with that. |
| contact me: email | looking back: my archives | get your own blogger |
|
my thoughts. exactly. |
January 27, 2003 There is a God... Not that I ever doubted it. Anyway, just when I thought today was just another wasted day, in the end it all turned out ok. Later in the afternoon when I was about to lose it (i was this "-" close to losing it!), and I guess my team sensed I've about had it, I was approached by the head of IS and invited me to join them to the UConn vs. St. John's game at the garden. This gave me a warm fuzzy feeling coz he said that everyone thinks i'm working too hard and that they all agreed i needed a break. It was a really nice gesture. I would have gone too but I had deadlines and meetings etc... He left me the ticket to think about it - and I wasted it. It's kind of annoying that I didn't go. A part of me, the FUN part of me, has been kicking me since I realized that I was the only one in the office... but the responsible part of me just dominated. I could have just sent an email and said 'I'll have this to you by tomorrow' to my proj. mgr. and it would have been ok but I can be very anal when I commit to something (this is why i hate it when people say things they'd do and end up bailing out on me!). So anyway, another ball game I missed. Another FREE ball game I missed. I should never EVER complain again that I've never seen a live ball game ever! Incidentally, a bunch of my girlfriends were going to get together in the city tonight. And then it was cancelled. And then it was on again. Can you tell how busy everyone's been that dinner plans change within a span of half an hour? Anyway, I didn't go to that one either. It would have been fun too. I can sit across from Kat while I stuff my face with smothered porkchop, collard greens and rice at Sylvia's, feeling very jealous because she's probably so tan right now, in fuckin January! She just came back from a cruise (lucky b!!!) with her fam - wish I'm on a boat somewhere warm too! Anyway, it's always a crack to hang out with the girls. Hope they had fun! The highlight of my day is talking to my mom. She told me that she just bought a condo in the PI. For those of you who know me, you know what I've been through with my mom and whatever demonic influences she had. I can't really get into details but all I'm going to say is that this purchase is such a big step for her that it makes me so happy and so proud of her. Anyway, today hasn't ended yet. There's still a couple of hours to go - but I think I'll be ok. Tomorrow is another day to deal with. Wish me luck!
G. @
1/27/2003
--
0 comment(s) --
Post a Comment
Comments:
Post a Comment
layout name: express yourself --
layout by: nyokiglitter
|