Way Out.
you call me a bitch like there's something wrong with that.











            my thoughts.
                            exactly.





January 27, 2003


Super-something

So I was invited to a superbowl party at a friend's house. At first I was kind of iffy about going since:
1) I haven't really watched any football in awhile - since i moved out of my parents' place so I'm sort of feeling like I might look like an idiot goin to a superbowl party not knowing anything recent about the sport (I didn't even know that they can't get down and do the (dirty) dancing after a touchdown!!!)
2) I wasn't so sure it'd be fun and
3) it means leaving my dog all by her lonesome self
Anyway, after considering everything I decided to go. As soon as I opened the door to my friend's pad I was asked 'What channel is the superbowl?" Uhhhhh... so, automatically, I wasn't soooo worried about reason #1 - i decided then that i'd be ok.

In addition, #2 wasn't something I was too concerned about at that time since I found out at this point who's going to be at the party - fun, party people. So it's all good. Eventually, i got over myself and stopped worrying about #3. The dog will live without having me around for a few hours, I've decided.

Apparently I missed Celine Dion singing 'God Bless America'??? Who's idea was that??? She's not even American for crying out loud! I'm not saying that only Americans are allowed to sing that song but for crying out loud, Celine Dion???? As my friend Riss puts it "Celine Dion at the Super Bowl? Isn't she the antithesis of everything football is? Did we owe the Canadians a favor or something?". Well, thank goodness I missed it coz I would probably have kept a rant going about what a stupid idea it was to have her be part of the superbowl - are we running out of talented artists in the states???

I thought the Dixie Chics did an awesome job singing the Star Spangled Banner. Atleast they didn't:
1. Screw up the lyrics (like Anastasia did)
2. Miss any notes (atleast I didnt hear them miss any)
3. They looked calm and composed (unlike Shania Twain in her 'Mistress of the Dark' costume).

Anyway, I'm sorry to say this but the Raiders sucked tonight. Actually, I wasn't really rooting for any particular team since not one of them are from the Tri-state. We were pathetic though, my friends and I, coz we were all totally clueless with what's goin on. We went from 3-3 to 20-3 without noticing the teams score! Not only that, my friend Rou asked when she was finally able to join us (she was busy whipping out some yummy food for us - thanks Rou!) "so, who's playing?". We were all like 'Uhhhh...' . Then someone said, "Los Angeles Raiders, I think?" So funny!!!!! And its a man that said that! Other questions that Rou asked that stomped us:
1. Where are they playing? (Arizona?)
2. What does Oak and TB mean? (Ahhh... so it's Oakland, NOT Los Angeles. And TB? Team to Beat?)
3. How many players are on the field per team? (Uhhh... Steve??? Note: Steve is supposed to be the most knowledgeable in the room when it comes to sports)

We were cracking up so much the entire time! I dont know why we even bothered switching the TV on! Anyway, it must have been the liquor. Speaking of which, in honor of the superbowl (and friends' influences), I had my very VERY first bottle of beer ever. Actually, I didnt even realize that I had that much beer because I halfed two bottles with Rou (and 1/2 + 1/2 equals...). Usually, I take a sip and I gag - just can't stand how it taste. Actually, i can't even get past the smell which is probably why I can't stand how it taste! Anyway, I gave it a chance and before you know it, I finished it all. Granted I still cringed every time I got the bitter after taste but really it wasn't that bad after all (after i got over myself, of course). I've had more beer tonight than i've ever had in my entire life. I can't wait to go out drinking again, maybe I'll order me a bottle and see if i can actually finish it (as opposed to paying $5 bucks for it and having a no more than a sip!).

I had to leave the party early to go back to my dog, Tiny. It's pathetic, I know. My friends think so as well. But hey, it's a responsibility. And I'm trying to be responsible this year. I've already started the year with a few mistakes but I don't want to spend the whole year making one mistake after another, you know? So yeah, after I was sure that there's no change of a come back for the OAKLAND (not Los Angeles, Charlie!) Raiders, I drove home feeling happy happy (with that bottle of beer contributing to it, i'm sure).

Some People are Sooooo Full of it Sometimes

So yeah... some people are so damn full of themselves sometimes that they think I exist only because of them. My world is NOT going to collapse just because of one person. Sure, I may get all sentimental and waste a tear or two but come on, to actually think that how my life turns out all depends on one person??? Some people don't give me enough credit. It must have something to do with the male ego.



G. @ 1/27/2003 -- 0 comment(s) -- Post a Comment


Comments: Post a Comment
layout name: express yourself -- layout by: nyokiglitter