| Way Out. |
| you call me a bitch like there's something wrong with that. |
| contact me: email | looking back: my archives | get your own blogger |
|
my thoughts. exactly. |
January 13, 2003 Snow, Tummy Tuck, Football and such... I know I've had posts on here about all the snowfall in the east coast. But this morning, I was astounded to find out that it snowed quite a bit in Texas yesterday. Isn't that like the 5th sign of the end of the world??? I must admit, it's pretty cool that it snowed in TX. I know of atleast one person who probably peed in his pants after he realized that the flakes falling from the sky are not asbestos from the neighbor's home improvement project. KB - I'm sure you are very happy. Now pick up the shovel and start clearing out the driveway! My dog gave me quite a scare yesterday. I fed her at her regular time and half hour later, she started gagging and actually threw up. Now, you might think this is quite common with dogs. But with Saint Bernards, gagging and throwing up can be very lethal. Big dogs are susceptible to getting bloat - its this physical twisting of the stomach. It has something to do with large breed dogs having this huge rib cage where their internal organs can float freely. Anyway, we usually try to keep Tiny quiet after she eats but with puppies, its hard to do that since they tend to be more active than adult dogs. I dont remember her being too active after her morning meal yesterday but she threw up her food and she looked kind of sick after. Trying not to panic too much, I called the breeder to get his opinion and he said that if she tries doing it again, to give him a call and rush the dog to the animal hospital. Luckily, it seemed that Tiny just ate her food too fast which probably made her sick (it happens to me as well when I eat too fast after being starved for hours!). She was ok after the incident occured. Because I love my dog so much and I want to avoid any risk of losing her, we are considering having her tummy tucked. Yeeeeeep. The celebs of Hollywood aren't the only ones getting it. If approved by the breeder (we consult with him with almost everything and he is soooo great about it!), we are definitely going to have it done the same time we get her fixed. What's up with the Jets losing yesterday??? I mean, I thought this was going to be THE YEAR that we can say the Jets doesn't suck (well, we've proven that they don't 'absolutely suck' by making it to the playoffs)... I haven't been following sports as much as I used to but you better believe I root for every tri-state team in every professional league! Of course, my New York teams get first priority. Anyway, to the Jets, better luck next year I guess! It seems that there's an abundance of drinks for me over the weekend. Saturday I met up with some friends from college and one of my all-time fave professor. It was great to see all of them! We went to Olive Garden (you do not want to get me started about where we went. There must be thousands of restaurants in New York city and they had to pick Olive Garden! I threw out names of joints that serve decent brunch for a good price but i was vetoed every single time!!!) and had lots of fun reminiscin bout old times. Our professor complained about the brats she has in her class. After being recruited unshamefully by Bentley College, she finally made a (bad) decision to try Boston out. She should have talked to me prior to making that decision coz I could have atleast given her an insight on how people in Boston can be. Brats would be a nice way to call them... and now she uses the exact same word to describer all of her students. She said that they ALWAYS complain about the work she gives them - the same kind of work she gave us four years ago! Mind you, I did not know one person in my class who didn't hold a job while going to school. And these kids in Bentley apparently are rich kids who didnt have to work to go to school! And they complain??? I mean, we complained for all the work our profs gave us but we still did the work and we did it wonderfully (my prof's exact words: 'I'm sorry but I can't give your team anything higher than an A+'). More booze on Sunday as well: I was at a baptism yesterday and during the ceremony the priest said 'Now that Andrew (the baby) is baptised, he has a place in heaven....' Eh? I mean, that's the kind of thing that causes other people to cringe when it comes to catholicism. I'm sure there were people in the crowd who're not of the same faith and probably not even baptised - can you imagine how offended they must have felt? I mean, I'm catholic and I felt uncomfortable hearing that... Does that mean that all you have to do is get yourself baptised to secure a place in heaven - it doesn't matter if you've been a robber/rapist/murderer during your time on earth??? Incidentally, I will soon be a godparent and the parents of my soon-to-be godchild have to look for another godfather just because the one they picked isn't catholic. Eh again!?!? I thought picking a godparent has something to do with choosing someone who you think will be the best role model for your child! I guess not! I'm probably going to be excommunicated for everything I've said in this post. If I did, it just proves how messed up the (church) system has been all these years!
G. @
1/13/2003
--
0 comment(s) --
Post a Comment
Comments:
Post a Comment
layout name: express yourself --
layout by: nyokiglitter
|