| Way Out. |
| you call me a bitch like there's something wrong with that. |
| contact me: email | looking back: my archives | get your own blogger |
|
my thoughts. exactly. |
January 31, 2003 New York New York is such a great city. Someday, when I can finally afford to own a nice size apartment there, I will definitely move back in. I just can't picture myself living far away from Manhattan. I just love the feel of it. Granted the streets are infested by bums, tourists, and occassionally you'll see rats running around like they own the town, I don't think there's anything like it. I had the pleasure of having late lunch with Trish yesterday at Toraya on 71st near Madison. That's like one of my fave joints in New York that whenever I get a chance I make sure I stop by to get Sake Donburi lunch set (house salad with ginger dressing, miso soup, japanese pickles, sushi rice topped with egg crepe, flaked broiled salmon, string beans and green onions - to die for!). It's soo yummy and after stuffing myself with it I feel like I just had something healthy so the guilt level isn't too high after eating all that food. So that's what I had and Trish had a tea sandwich platter and it was good as well. We both had matcha tea (and Trish couldn't stop drinking hers!) and shared the best green tea ice cream ever! After Toraya we went to H&M to do a bit of shopping. Its sort of cool yet annoying to shop there. Cool coz they got some nice stuff at reasonable price but annoying coz most of what they have can fit me AND Trish together! Its a bit frustrating when you see a whole rack of pants, all of the same kind, and every size on the rack is 12 and above! I went there to buy pants and I walked out with 5 shirts and a pair of pants - something wrong with that calculation! Anyway, after shopping, Trish went on to walk to catch her bus and I went on to walk the opposite way hoping to catch a cab. But I just kept on walking. When I'm in New York (not on the touristy part of NY), I just lose myself. It's definitely one place where I don't mind walking at all. I don't know what it is about the city but it just puts me in a good mood (except when I drive in the city, then it puts me in the 'cabby' mood - nope that's not a typo, it means it makes me drive like a New York cab driver). One of these days, I'll have a New York city address, I promise!
G. @
1/31/2003
--
0 comment(s) --
Post a Comment
Comments:
Post a Comment
layout name: express yourself --
layout by: nyokiglitter
|