Way Out.
you call me a bitch like there's something wrong with that.











            my thoughts.
                            exactly.





January 02, 2003


New Year, Stars, Friends

Well, if it isn't another year. This post is kind of late since I intended to post it yesterday in time for the first day of the year but besides being sick, i've had a lot of things going on lately. Anyway, new years eve was spent being sick in bed. Even though I called in sick for the day, I ended up doing some work anyway. I'm not the type that when given the chance to slack off would actually take advantage of it. I wish I'm like that but I've got this thing called conscience. Anyway, I decided to do the grown up thing new years eve and get drunk just like all the other grown ups. Actually, I wasn't THAT drunk. Tipsy more like it. A couple of friends invited us to celebrate the new year with them at this Irish pub in Norwalk. That constitutes 50 minutes of drive time, being out while sick (which probably contributed to the fact that I'm even more sick now!) and not to mention leaving my baby Tiny all by herself. But I didn't care. I needed the time out away from all the mess of the new home and from the barking and the bed. It actually felt good to greet the new year in the company of friends instead of relatives. I did miss having my family with me because for the first time in my life I spent Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years eve without them. I guess it's not the being 'drunk' thing that made me feel like a grown up but having to do something, like celebrate holidays away from the fam, on my own.

Speaking of 'own', it's finally nice to be living in a place where I can look up at night and see more than 5 stars in the sky. I enjoy my walks with Tiny at night because the two of us would just wander on the front lawn, look up and watch the constellations - reminded me of that one night in Bermuda. Anyway, I picked up my telescope from the condo and brought it over so that when it does get warm, I can just sit outside and star gaze.

While driving from Kat's dinner on Saturday i blurted out 'I like my friends'. Its true though. My friends are pretty cool. Granted some of them have annoying qualities, as I'm sure I do, I still think that my friends are pretty awesome. They have been there for me when I needed cheering up. And when they can't be there, they come up with the best excuse why they are somewhere else. heh heh heh. Takes talent to do that!

My friend Audrey left for China yesterday. THAT LUCKY BASTARD! Actually, I kind of miss her. As soon as I got up yesterday I picked up the phone hoping to say goodbye to her but her Dad told me her flight actually left at 8 (or some unGodly hour). Anyway, wherever you are, Aud, YOU BETTER BRING ME SOMETHING COOL BACK! hehehe... kidding aside, don't get kidnapped/mugged/rapped/etc...


G. @ 1/02/2003 -- 0 comment(s) -- Post a Comment


Comments: Post a Comment
layout name: express yourself -- layout by: nyokiglitter