Way Out.
you call me a bitch like there's something wrong with that.











            my thoughts.
                            exactly.





December 04, 2002


Craziness!!!

Who wakes up tired on Tuesdays? Except for friends of mine who party every night because they don't know the difference between weekends and weekdays, no one else should be sooo damn tired on the second day of the week! I was, however so exhausted and its not coz I had fun the night before (see previous log).

My friend Aud found her long lost grampa. Actually, she didn't even know he's been missing for 4 years until last week. And because she's a very nice person (all my friends are, btw), she took the time and called every hospital, nursing home, etc... in New York to find him. It's quite noble, what she did. I can't say I know that many people who would do something like that considering the trauma her family has gone through with this man she barely knows. Anyway, i say good for her! I know if I were given a chance to see one of my grandparents alive, I'd definitely go through that much trouble just to take advantage of that chance.

I was at work til friggin 11 PM last night. By the time I stepped out of the office, I was half asleep so i had to call Aud just to keep me awake (she can talk your ears off when she wants too heh heh...). Anyway, while driving home, and talking to her, I got lost. I don't know if its coz I wasn't really wide awake (it can't be coz I was driving and on the phone - done that a million times!) or if its just some weird coincidence coz I ended up in a neighborhood where all the houses have these christmas lights and holiday decorations. Its like I drove right into Christmas town or something. I find it weird coz I've been feeling kind of off lately and not really in a holiday mood at all. So to end up in a place like that its just too freaky for me coz its sort of a reminder that the holiday is just around the corner and I should really get myself in the right gear and start being merry.

Why do a lot of people get depressed during the holiday season? I'm not saying I'm getting depressed - but I'm sure close to it. Is it because its so damn cold outside that, unless you're fond of cold weather, you can't really do much outdoors? Is it because they are away from families and friends? Maybe the fact that the holidays are so commercialized that to some people it doesn't mean that it is the season to celebrate but the season to give and receive gifts? I don't know. All I know is that the suicide rate during this time of the year increases exponentially.

Incidentally, the NY Post has an article on movies that are suicide-related.

Let's go back to Aud. She messaged me on IM last night that some guy was just pounding on her front door and screaming for her to open the door and let him in. What kind of psycho runs around in staten island and pounding on people's doors??? Oh, my bad... I'm thinking I'm in some civilized planet. I forgot that she does live in NY and things like that does happen to people in new york and that the normal people to psychos ratio in new york is 1:3. So, nothing really weird there.

I heard that there's a storm arriving tonight. Storms bring interesting circumstances. Let's see if my Wednesday can top yesterday's happenings.

G. @ 12/04/2002 -- 0 comment(s) -- Post a Comment


Comments: Post a Comment
layout name: express yourself -- layout by: nyokiglitter