Way Out.
you call me a bitch like there's something wrong with that.











            my thoughts.
                            exactly.





November 29, 2002


Finally... something about Boracay

Below is an email I sent out to my friend, Christine. She wanted to know how Boracay was....

"Like I said, Boracay was fun COZ WE MADE IT FUN! It was rainy season while we were there so u can imagine how it was like.

We signed up for a day long snorkelling trip. That was pretty cool. it consist of 3 snorkelling sites and lunch in between. So, the day of, we (11 of us) were taken to a snorkelling site and then after that we were taken to one of the islands where the boatmen cooked us some awesome lunch. During our time there, my friend (Audrey - you might actually know her!) and I managed to hang out with the locals, I picked a coconut from the tree, and Audrey managed to befriend every gaddam dog on the island (and named all of them Paki - dont ask why!). After we ate lunch, we were taken to another snorkelling site. And while there, a storm came which created these massive waves. So that was interesting. So coz of the storm, we had to abandon the 3rd snorkelling site.


One of Aud's dogs on the island

If you think that's done, not yet. On our way back to shore, we encountered the worst low tide i've ever seen. One of the two boatmen had to get off the boat to push it. Of course, Audrey wanted to jump in with him but the other boatmen said it's not a good idea coz there's tons of sea urchins in the area. Too bad, we woulda done it too! Anyway, after numerous tries, it was finally decided that we're going to abandon ship and walk some quarter a mile or so to shore. During a storm. Remember, I said there's tons of sea urchins in the area. There's also tons of other creatures like fishes and star fishes and corals and shit. We must have killed thousands of them! That didnt make us happy =/. But it seemed like the two of us were the only ones that cared about it.

Anyway, the next day we decided we were going to walk over to Puca Beach and then from there walk over to the Bat Cave. So we did that. We walked all the way to one end of the island only to discover that Puca Beach and everything else we wanted to see is not accessible via the way we took. We had to take a tri-cycle ride. I managed to bargain with the driver (he wanted to charge us 100 PHP but I managed to bring it down to 75 PHP). After the whole ride, I realized that I would pay 500 PHP for the ride considering how friggin hard his tricycle was working just to get our bratty asses there. Anyway, we got to Puca Beach and hit another dead end. We were told again to take another tricycle ride etc... So we did. Our tricycle stopped in the middle of a field. And we were like - WTF??? And the driver told us we had to walk from there to the cave. We must have walked a mile or so on this very narrow path, in the rain. And when we finally got to the Bat Cave, we decided not to go in. The Bat Cave entrance is some 100+ feet descent. We had to do it through these big boulder or slippery rocks. By that time, the mosquitoes were feasting on me (did I mention I get an almost fatal allergic reaction to mosquito bites???). And we're not fully dressed. So after much deliberation, we descided to just skip it altogether.

After the Bat Cave, we just hang out at the beach (for the first time, the sun came out full force!) and when we were done with that, got a massage and went shopping.

Before we left, we hired a boat to take us out one more time. I dunno why we didnt do it in the first place but hiring your own boat with a crew was sooo nice! They take you whereever you wanna go."

To sum it all up, Audrey and I had fun. Would I go back to Boracay again? Not for awhile. We'll find another place to visit - something as crazy and as adventurous as Boracay.

Audrey, i know this is not all of it but atleast it is something - happy now???

G. @ 11/29/2002 -- 0 comment(s) -- Post a Comment


Comments: Post a Comment
layout name: express yourself -- layout by: nyokiglitter