Way Out.
you call me a bitch like there's something wrong with that.











            my thoughts.
                            exactly.





October 10, 2002


La la la...

So i was just online talking to Trish and I was complaining (not really) how this is the second day here at work that I have nothing to do. It's not that there's no work to be done... its just that I have finished them all! I guess everyone else is just slow or i'm just more efficient (probably not true either!). In any case, Trish suggested that I write on here... excellent idea I thought.

Let's see...

This weekend I went camping with a couple of friends - one of them a camping virgin. We were planning to get there early afternoon on Friday but didn't really get there until after 8 PM. And boy was it ugly! On our way there, we had to turn around five times because we kept on passing our turns. No its not because I'm a bad navigator, its coz the damn fog was so thick we could barely see two feet from the car! Anyway, we pitched our tent in the rain! Had it been another occassion and I would have been bitching and whining and asking to be driven home or somewhere dry. But since this is camping - roughing it up with mother nature - I was very enthusiastic about the whole thing. I dug a trench and everybody ridiculed it after (it was a very good trench) and I was still in good mood. My sleeping bag got soaking wet and that didn't ruin my spirit. The rain poured like it was never going to stop and not one cursing word came out of my mouth. The wind blew so hard that it kept on pushing me on my back (i was sleeping on the edge of the tent facing the blowing wind and I was lying on my side) and still I didn't scream 'I wanna go home!'. That's what camping does to me. I have only gone twice but I loved every experience I had while on those trips.

Anyway, I think the reason why I didn't complain as much is coz it was Kat's first time camping. I didn't want her to think that camping is this bad - otherwise it might turn her off. Luckily Saturday was a much better day. Granted we were awaken by what sounded like a bunch of drunks howling and such which turned out to be a gang of owls ( i wanted to step out of the tent so badly to see them but my friends kept on saying 'it's the Blair witch!' which ultimately discouraged every urge i had to go seeking for them) Saturday turned out to be a great, sunny day.

We got up, had breakfast (I whipped up some blueberry pancakes), and then got dressed to go fishing. We drove to the nearest convenience store to buy some ice, a disposable cooler, and a can of worms. Yes, a whole container of big, fat, disgusting worms. After we left the nazi store (I swear the lady in there was sooo damn rude and we all agreed that its probably coz we're mostly asians), we drove back to the campgrounds and asked the camp people where we can get our fishing permits (NY state requires fishing permits - so in case they catch you fishing you don't have to end up paying thousands of dollars in fine). The guy told us we can't go fishing because it is out of season. This is when the obscenities came out. We fuckin planned our gorgeous, sunny, Saturday to be the day that we catch fish for dinner! Good thing I brought dinner! Anyway, we were all very disappointed about not being able to fish. Instead, we spent our day playing Trivial Pursuit right where we would have been standing if we were allowed to fish. I was actually surprised to find out that I wasn't as bad as I thought I'd be with that game specially since 1. I didn't grow up here 2. I didn't grow up here and 3. I DIDN'T GROW UP HERE! Anyway, Mark was winning the game and I was only second. Not bad, eh? That first game lasted sooooo fucking loooong! Actually, I don't think we even finished it. We sort of gave up after 4 hours of being in the same game.

So we headed back to our campsite. On our way there we concocted a new set of rules which turned against my favor since it was all about how fast you can answer the questions in case the person who's supposed to answer the question doesn't know the answer. Its more complicated than it sounds. Anyway, we gave up on that game as well and just went and had dinner. Veggie burgers, hotdogs and sweet corn =). After that, we had some smores and chocolate stuffed banana. Actually - I only had the smores. The chocolate stuffed banana looked nasty. And how good could it be compared to the smores?

Saturday night was so clear I thought I could see all the stars in the sky. Had the stupid weather channel told me that Saturday wouldn't be cloudy I would have brough my awesome telescope with me. Anyway, it was gorgeous. All these stars twinkling against the vast, dark sky. That was a good ending to our day.

Sunday was packing day. We didn't even have breakfast. We just spent the whole morning drying and packing our stuff. Camping was fun. Kat even said she'd do it again. I'm looking forward to next year =).

Oh, and I didn't even get bitten by a mosquito!

G. @ 10/10/2002 -- 0 comment(s) -- Post a Comment


Comments: Post a Comment
layout name: express yourself -- layout by: nyokiglitter