Way Out.
you call me a bitch like there's something wrong with that.











            my thoughts.
                            exactly.





May 17, 2002


Friday Insanity

As I pulled into the parking lot, I got nervous coz there were three cop cars blocking the entrance. "I didn't do it!" was the first thing that came to mind. Anyway - they weren't here for me, thank God. But it's still pretty scary here at work today. All these 5-0s walking around. Looking into people's cars, making sure that the guy they are looking for doesn't slip in.

A couple of months ago, my company had to terminate the employment of one disturbed man. Apparently, he was pulled over for speeding on the interstate 95. When the officer approached his vehicle, he discovered that George was guilty of more than one offense:

1. He was speeding.
2. He was speeding while under the influence of alcohol
3. He was speeding while under the influence of alcohol and with a loaded gun in the backseat of his car.

Talk about craziness!!! Needless to say, when my company found out about this they let him go! I mean, he's one crazy mother! I think all these years people here at work has been trying to find a hole that would give them a valid reason to fire him. If you ask me, the fucking hole he created in the old operations center is enough reason to get rid of the guy! We all came in one day and there's this big ass hole in the Ops center but no one was brave enough to say "George put it there" because they knew the guy is crazy! In fairness to George though - he was always nice and courteous to me and I returned the favor by not calling him insane to his face. I mean, the guy scares me. I literally tremble and get all paranoid whenever I'm at work late at night and he's on duty. He creeps the hell out of me. Like pee-in-ur-pants scary.

Anyway, since he was let go, he's been leaving death threats to a number of people. From what I heard they were pretty disturbing messages. My company hired an armed guard (who looked like he's older than my grandfather when he passed away - RIP). They also posted a "Wanted" poster with his picture on it. It has been awhile since we've heard from him... then came last night. He left messages for two of his past managers. I think the message started with "Hello you stupid bastards" or something to that effect. Appropriate but coming from a crazy person - it's scary shit! Anyway, he went on saying that we're going to need armed guards with heavy bullet proof vests because it's going to be hard to stop him and what he's going to use blah blah blah... Then he went on to describe what kind of guns and bullets he's going to be using... I WANT AN ARMED GUARD BY MY DESK! and don't be surprised if i walk around wearing a bullet proof armani suit. Afterall, I was in a receiving end of one of those calls...

Ok - maybe not really one of those calls. But he called some of my previous clients and told them that we're terminating our businesses with them. Of course, my clients called me and asked me what was going on and I had to straighten things out. That was the first time he started making phone calls. First to the clients. Then to the his ex-coworkers. I was scared shit whenever my phone would ring that maybe it would be him... I just hope he'd remember that I was the only one who talked to him and encouraged him when we had that company bowling outing. I hope he remembers that I spoke to him when he spoke to me while others tried to walk away. I just hope he remembers I was nice to him. That or, hell, I hope he doesn't remember me at all!

G. @ 5/17/2002 -- 0 comment(s) -- Post a Comment


Comments: Post a Comment
layout name: express yourself -- layout by: nyokiglitter