Way Out.
you call me a bitch like there's something wrong with that.











            my thoughts.
                            exactly.





March 15, 2002


Random Thoughts of the Day

My friend Trish is getting married! Unfortunately, there are a lot of people that she invited that won't be able to make it to her wedding. Some have valid excuses, others, well, I told her to screw them. A couple of our friends are not going to be able to make it because of finals. Understandable. Failing school is not an option to these people. That's good, atleast my friends have their priorities straight. Althought it sucks that they won't be able to witness Trish actually marrying Roland, I wish them all goodluck.

I sometimes wish I'm back in school. I sometimes feel grateful that I'm not. I was one of the best procrastinators I've ever met but I managed to get by college and finished with decent grades. Still. Had I paid enough attention to my class work, I probably would have been at a better position today.

Anyway, my friends are spending a lot more time with school nowadays than when they were in undergrad. But I guess now it's different. Kat's in law school, Sol and Gail both in grad school. Just like what Trish says, "In grad school, you need forever to study" (Insert here "Amen" from all my grad school friends). I don't know if I like that. But I certainly have the urge to go back to school once in awhile. I just need to find someone who'll pay for it! And I have to do it soon before my brain rots!

Trish said my brain won't rot. True as it may seem, but I still think I have to do it soon. See, her parents took their masters in their late 30s. Her mom did it when she was 36, with one kid, and pregnant with another. Can you imagine??? Maaan! I have pregnant friends right now and it's hard enough for them to go through the pregnancy, then add to that the hardships of being in school! Trish said she remember how her mom would lock herself in a room and how her mom would be typing like crazy in there. And when she actually get to peek into the room, she would see her mom with books all around her on the floor. She also remember going to her mother's graduation. She got her diploma and all she had to say after that was, "I gotta pee". All that hardwork finally done and over with, and all she had to say was "I gotta pee"!

You really have to put your mind into it if you want to succeed. Take my cousin's husband's mother, for example. She's the perfect epitome of success. She came here with her husband and kids from the Philippines. They didn't have enough money. She and her husband worked very hard to open their own business which is taking care of developmentally challeneged people. Right there, I gotta give them credit. I can't even deal with society's standard of "normal" human being! Can you imagine me having to deal with something other than normal??? Anyway, her business grew and is now very successful. After she raised two very responsible and respecful kids, she went back to college. A couple of years ago, she graduated with a double masters (can't remember what they were but they were not something cheesy, I tell you that much) and now on her way to take her doctorate. She's received offers to lead administrations from several Health and hospital organizations in the state of California as well but so far, she hasn't caved in to any of them. Very impressive, isn't it? Whenever I visit San Diego, I like sitting down and talking to her coz she very much put a positive impression in my life. A conversation I had with Trish about this story went like this:

Trish (after I told her the story above): That's hard work and dedication. Good for her, after all you don't get rich by sitting on your butt

Me: (Mental note... you don't get rich by sitting on your butt. You would also need to buy a lottery ticket in order for you to even get a chance to win something!)

Trish: hehehe... You know I would be more impressed with her if she was like blind and in a wheelchair... now THAT would be inspiring.

People are shameless. heh heh heh...


G. @ 3/15/2002 -- 0 comment(s) -- Post a Comment


Comments: Post a Comment
layout name: express yourself -- layout by: nyokiglitter